Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mommy Rant


I hate teething. Is it too much to ask that kids be born with all their adult teeth? I mean c'mon, the drooling, snot, and crankiness is SO annoying. I won't even comment about the poop. (Oops, I just did... )

Do you have a picture painted in your head yet of my sweet teething boys?
If not, let me share... Here is my sweet, sweet, Kaleb.
Totally happy about his teeth, as you can see.


Kamren is cutting tooth #3 and #4 and Kaleb is cutting #2 and #3. I am constantly wiping up drool and snot. And if I don't get it in time, no big deal ... they've learned to wipe it on me. Seriously. It's disgusting. Did I mention, that I walked around with dried snot on my trousers at the Y the other day for like two hours before I noticed it. It's a great addition to my wardrobe. NOT.

Sleep training. Err, should I say re-training. My boys have been good sleepers, I would even venture out to say amazing sleepers. They've always taken good (scheduled naps) and slept 12 hours at night since they were 7 weeks old. (Thank you Baby Wise!) Teething has brought a whole mess of sleep issues with it. Nights that involve constant wake-ups due to pain. Pain that not even Motrin, Tylenol, or Teething Tablets seems to help with. Needless to say, I'm exhausted & totally over teething.

I will be SO HAPPY once they have all of their teeth. Until then, I will accept sympathy gifts in the form of wine and vodka. I know you feel sorry for me.












1 comment:

  1. I am lucky Bailey is not a drooler, but she is a snotter. Blech. Hope they get used to the pain soon and develop a tolerance for it. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete